1. CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION
- The problem is a part of AI Blitz 6. The problem will have a separate leaderboard and an associated weight. This weight denotes the problem’s contribution to your final score.
- The final leaderboard will be determined by the weighted mean of the ranks of a participant/team across all the individual leaderboards. The organizers reserve the right to change the weight of a problem during the competition.
- If a problem is not attempted by the participant, his/her rank in that problem is set to the total number of participants in the whole competition.
- To help you "Get Started" we have a starter kit available for each of these problems. We hope they are helpful; if you find any bugs, typos, or improvements, please send us a pull request.
- In case you have any queries, please reach out to us via the Discussion Forums or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Challenge will be run in accordance with these Official Rules ("Rules").
2. CHALLENGE START AND END DATES
Start date: 12th February 2021, 13:00 UTC
End date: 5th March 2021, 13:00 UTC
Duration: 21 Days
You may enter this challenge individually or as a team of two or more members ("Team"). You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you (and each member of your Team) meet all of the following requirements as of the time and date of entry:
- You are an individual;
- You are 16 years of age or older but in no event less than the age of majority in your place of residence; and
- You have internet access, an email account, and access to a personal computer.
The organizers will not be able to transfer the prize money to accounts of participants who reside in any of the following countries or regions. (Please note that residents of these countries or regions are still allowed to participate in the Challenge, but no prize money will be available.)
- The Crimea region of Ukraine
- North Korea
- Quebec, Canada
Please Note: it is entirely your responsibility to review and understand your employer's and country's policies about your eligibility to participate in this Challenge. If you participate in violation of your employer's or country's policies, you and your entry may be disqualified from the Challenge. Dr. Derk Gym disclaims any and all liability or responsibility with respect to disputes arising between an employer and such employer's employee or between a country and its resident in relation to the Challenge.
4. ENTRY METHOD
No purchase is necessary to enter or win the challenge. Entry to the competition is free for all, by clicking the ‘Participate’ button on the challenge page and by agreeing to the challenge rules. There are no other requirements.
- The competition has prizes of:
- 1st place: 100 CHF
- 2nd place: 100 CHF
- Community Contribution #1: 100 CHF
- Community Contribution #2: 100 CHF
- To be eligible for the prizes, participants will have to release the code to their solutions under an open-source license of their choice. The submitted code is expected to be reproducible and should produce the same score on the leaderboard.
- The winning participants will have to provide a valid and unexpired ID card or passport which AIcrowd will use only for the purpose of verifying the individual's identity in case of transferring the cash prize and for internal record keeping.
- Any and all prize(s) is(are) non transferable. All taxes, fees and expenses associated with participation in the Challenge or receipt and use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for AIcrowd to use winner’s name and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- The participation of AIcrowd employees and its affiliates, parents, agents, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate family (parents, children or siblings) of these employees or any person with whom they are domiciled, are permitted to participate in the challenge but will not be eligible to win the cash prize.
- AIcrowd reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Challenge or website or violates these Rules.
- In case a participant is building upon code from sources that are not owned by the participant, the participant is required to clearly attribute the sources. Failing which, the violating submissions, participants, teams will be disqualified.
- Any use of an external public dataset is not allowed; participants must use the datasets made available by the AIcrowd for the purpose of training and testing their model.
- Winners' code must reproduce the score on the leaderboard, failing which they get disqualified.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules and timeline without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- In case of conflicts, the decision of the Organizers will be final and binding.
- Violation of the rules or other unfair activity may result in disqualification.
- By participating in the Challenge, each Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Challenge, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and under no circumstances will a Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages.
- Any resources (datasets, baselines, etc) released as a part of AI Blitz #6 can be used outside of the platform as long as clear attribution is made to AI Blitz #6.