INSURANCE PRICING GAME: Challenge Rules
1. General Rules
The participant agrees to use the dataset only for the purpose of participating in this competition and to delete it after the final submission deadline.
The participant agrees not to attempt identification of personal information in this dataset, with or without any external dataset.
- The participant agrees that their submissions will be used by Imperial College London for the purposes of academic research. The research team will not publish any personal data.
This challenge is organised and sponsored by Imperial College London. The organisation of the challenge is done in partnership with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, The Singapore Actuarial Society, Actuaries Institute Australia, Casualty Actuarial Society, and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM).
You may enter this challenge individually or as a team of two or more members ("Team"). You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you (and each member of your Team) meet all of the following requirements as of the time and date of entry:
You are an individual;
You are 18 years of age or older but in no event less than the age of majority in your place of residence; and
You have internet access, an e-mail account, and access to a computer.
Employees, Students, Interns, contractors, officers and directors of the host organisations and partners (listed in section 2) can participate and win the prize in this competition unless:
They have had any contact with individuals on the organising committee regarding this competition, excluding contact related to promotional or fundraising efforts.
They are members of the organising committee
They have had access to the competition dataset in any form prior to the official launch of the competition
Please Note: it is entirely your responsibility to review and understand your employer's and country's policies about your eligibility to participate in this Challenge. If you participate in violation of your employer's or country's policies, you and your entry may be disqualified from the Challenge. The Insurance Pricing Game disclaims any and all liability or responsibility with respect to disputes arising between an employer and such employer's employee or between a country and its resident in relation to the Challenge.
4. ENTRY METHOD
No purchase is necessary to enter or win the challenge. Entry to the competition is free for all, by clicking the ‘Participate’ button on the challenge page and by agreeing to the challenge rules. There are no other requirements.
The competition has prizes of:
1 – USD 6,000
2 – USD 3,500
3 – USD 1,500
4 - USD 1000
To be eligible for the prizes, the submitted code is expected to be reproducible and should produce the same score as on the leaderboard.
The winning participants may have to provide a valid and unexpired ID card or passport which the prize sponsors will use only for the purpose of verifying the individual's identity in case of transferring the cash prize and for internal record keeping.
Any and all prize(s) is(are) non transferable. All taxes, fees and expenses associated with participation in the Challenge or receipt and use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for AIcrowd to use the winner’s name and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
The participation of the organizers’ organization employees and its affiliates, parents, agents, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate family (parents, children or siblings) of these employees or any person with whom they are domiciled, are permitted to participate unless otherwise prohibited in Section 3 above.
Prizes are distributed by prize sponsors within 3 months of competition completion.
6. When Will Prizes Be Awarded?
The prize sponsors will make all efforts to deliver prizes within three months of the end of the competition. All members of a Team may be required to complete and sign additional documentation, such as a non-disclosures, representations and warranties, liability and publicity releases (unless prohibited by applicable law), and tax documents, or other similar documentation in order for the potentially winning Team to claim the prize. For Teams in excess of one member, the prize will be awarded to the Team Lead. The organiser will in no way be involved in any dispute with respect to receipt of a prize by any other members of a Team.
Only prizes claimed in accordance with these Rules will be awarded.
- The challenge organizers reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Challenge or website or violates these Rules.
- In case a participant is building upon code from sources that are not owned by the participant, the participant is required to clearly attribute the sources. Failing which, the violating submissions, participants, teams will be disqualified.
- Winners' code must reproduce the score on the leaderboard, failing which they get disqualified.
If you, any Team member, or the entry is found to be ineligible for any reason, including but not limited to conflicts within Teams or noncompliance with these Rules, the sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entry and/or you and/or your Team members from this Challenge.
8. Use of the dataset
- The dataset is for competition use only and not any other purpose
- The dataset must be deleted by the participant at most 1 month after the competition deadline.
- The participants are not allowed to attempt re-identification of any individual within the dataset. This will result in the team being disqualified and this being reported to the ICO. Re-identification is a crime under UK law.
9. Use of submissions for research purposes
- The submissions you upload in this challenge will be used as part of research studies by Imperial College London
- You agree that participation is voluntary and are free to withdraw at any time until the end of the competition, without giving any reason and without my legal rights being affected.
- The research is conducted by teams from Imperial College London and Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- If you wish to withdraw, you can simply stop playing in the competition
- If you decide to take part you are still free to withdraw at any time until the end of the competition and without giving a reason.
- If you do withdraw from the competition, all entries up to that point may still be used for research purposes
- Only the research team at the institutions and the AICrowd team will have access to your submissions
- Only the AICrowd team will have access to your personal information and contact details unless for prize distribution.
- The data will be stored securely on the servers of AICrowd and Imperial College London with very limited external access
- You agree that Imperial College London will have access to your records that are relevant to this research.
- If you are harmed by taking part in this research project, there are no special compensation arrangements. If you are harmed due to someone’s negligence, then you may have grounds for a legal action. Regardless of this, if you wish to complain, or have any concerns about any aspect of the way you have been treated during the course of this study then you should immediately inform the Investigator (Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye). If you are still not satisfied with the response, you may contact the Imperial College Research Governance Integrity Team.
- All research data will be stored securely In line with Imperial College policies and GDPR
- The study was given ethical approval by the Head of the Department of Computing and Research Governance and Integrity Team (RGIT) at Imperial College London
- This study has been reviewed by the Joint Research Compliance Office at Imperial College London
- You will not be identified in any report or publication
10. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and timeline without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- In case of conflicts, the decision of the Organizers will be final and binding.
- Violation of the rules or other unfair activities may result in disqualification.
- By participating in the Challenge, each Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Challenge, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and under no circumstances will a Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages.