🛠 Contribute : Found a typo? Or any other change in the description that you would like to see ? Please consider sending us a pull request in the public repo of the challenge here.
What does it take to go viral on social media ? We give you the features of news articles. Predict the number of '
share' it gets on social platforms.
Understand with code! Here is getting started code for you.😄
The dataset contains 61 columns.
The goal is to predict
shares. Thus remaining 58 columns are used for prediction. Some of the columns are as follows - + n_tokens_title - Number of words in the title + num_imgs - Number of images present in the blog + average_token_length - Average length of the words in the content
More info is contained in dataset_info.txt
Following files can be found in
26715samples) This csv file contains the attributes describing the blog written along with share count .
13082samples)File that will be used for actual evaluation for the leaderboard score.
- Prepare a CSV containing header as
shareand predicted value as
share countrespectively denoting the number of shares it will recieve.
- Name of the above file should be
- Sample submission format available at
sample_submission.csvin the resorces section.
Make your first submission here 🚀 !!
🖊 Evaluation Criteria
Mean Absolute Error will be used for accuracy,
For secondary score we use
Root Mean Squared Error
- 💪 Challenge Page : https://www.aicrowd.com/challenges/olnwp
- 🗣️ Discussion Forum : https://www.aicrowd.com/challenges/olnwp/discussion
- 🏆 Leaderboard : https://www.aicrowd.com/challenges/olnwp/leaderboards
- K. Fernandes, P. Vinagre and P. Cortez. A Proactive Intelligent Decision Support System for Predicting the Popularity of Online News. Proceedings of the 17th EPIA 2015 - Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence, September, Coimbra, Portugal.