🛠 Contribute: Found a typo? Or any other change in the description that you would like to see? Please consider sending us a pull request in the public repo of the challenge here.
Maintaining a healthy diet is difficult. As the saying goes, the best way to escape a problem is to solve it. So why not leverage the power of deep learning and computer vision to build the foundation of a semi-automated food tracking application?
With over 9300 hand-annotated images with 61 classes, the challenge is to train accurate models that can look at images of food items and detect the food items present in the image. It's time to unleash the food (data)scientist in you! Given any
food item present in it.
Understand with code! Here is
getting started code for you.
The dataset is a set of images of food items and a CSV file linking each image to its annotated food class. For simplification, each image contains only a single food item in it. The images are of varying sizes. A total of 61 classes of different food items are present like egg , bread and water to name a few. The list of classes is present in dataset_info.txt.
Following files are available in the
9233samples) This zip file contains a folder train_images with a set of 9233 images and a train.csv containing the image id and the class name associated with the image.
484samples) This zip file contains a folder test_images with a set of 484 images and a train.csv with the list comprising only all the image ids and not their respective class names.
- Prepare a CSV containing a single column with header as
predicted classfor the corresponding image in the test.csv.
- Name of above file should be submission.csv.
- Sample submission format available at
Make your first submission here 🚀 !!
🖊 Evaluation Criteria
During evaluation F1 score will be used to test the efficiency of the model where,
- 💪 Challenge Page: https://www.aicrowd.com/challenges/aicrowd-blitz-may-2020/problems/foodc-recognise-food-items
- 🗣️ Discussion Forum: https://www.aicrowd.com/challenges/aicrowd-blitz-may-2020/problems/foodc-recognise-food-items/discussion
- 🏆 Leaderboard: https://www.aicrowd.com/challenges/aicrowd-blitz-may-2020/problems/foodc/leaderboards